The Roman Catholic wedding is a sacrament of matrimony; the ceremony consists of at least biblical readings, the exchange of wedding vows, the blessing and exchange rings, prayer of the Faithful, the nuptial blessing, followed by a communion sacrament and then closing with prayers.
Some Catholic churches in Bali officiate weddings for foreigners and have a little flexibility but overall the process is a little more complicated than other religions as you may have to fork out more time, more money and more discipline of commitment for a Catholic wedding. Catholic ceremony will require much more paper works and both the bride to be and groom to be must have single status. The Catholic Church treats all consummated sacramental marriages as permanent during the life of the spouses and therefore does not allow remarriage after a divorce if the other spouse still lives and the marriage has not been annulled.
For a Catholic wedding, you will have to have your blessing ceremony in a Catholic church in Bali. It’s the one religion out of the list that demands this. You cannot have a Catholic wedding in a villa, on the beach or at any commercial wedding chapel. There are some Catholic churches in Bali that you can choose. Some are in Balinese style and some in modern style building.
Wedding couple suggested to come to Bali at least four days before the wedding day. Usually 5 days or a week before the ceremony, the couples should take a sacrament of confession/ reconciliation with the Catholic priest “Father” as well for wedding rehearsal.
Wedding application must be accepted at-least 3-6 months before the wedding. Exceptional days for the wedding schedules are 40 days before Easter including Holy Thursday, Good Friday or Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday and 40 days before Christmas including Christmas Eve.
The document requirements have to be completely accepted by the Bali local church no later than one month prior the wedding day which those documents need to be start prepared by about six months prior the wedding day. The wedding couple need to choose the church and a slot time provided by the church either in the morning or afternoon time. Some Catholic Church has 2-4 slot time in a day, but most of the church only have 2 slot times in a day.
Please contact Bali wedding Butler team if you would like to continue with Legal Wedding or for those who found difficulties in preparing document requirements especially for mix couple which is a request for special case such as baptism ceremony. Please don’t be hesitate to contact us via email, social media or call, so we could explain the detail. Bali Wedding Butler team will always ready to help you arrange for any special case/ condition.
For better understanding of how Catholic Wedding we normally arrange in The Church, here you can click the link of YouTube video from previous wedding couple as follow:
4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLfq1BS9IUs&list=PLJa1Bvv2sMg91SeI2UzgPe OLA5c632Th&index=3&t=6s
Simple Catholic Wedding Package
USD 2,250 net
- Wedding consultation via email, call or any social media
- Document processing to Religious office and Government office
- Handling of all documentation required to validate legal wedding
- Local Catholic Church use for 2,5 hours
- Simple flower decoration for Catholic Church
- Local donation for Catholic Church
- English speaking Priest at Catholic Church.
- Ceremony perform in English or Bahasa Indonesia
- Religious certificate of marriage from the Church
- Church singer accompany during ceremony
- Ceremony offerings: bread, wine, Fruit basket and flower bouquet for Holy Mary
- Final meeting service with Wedding Butler team to answer questions and familiarize with schedule and liturgy.
- Wedding rehearsal at catholic Church
- Return transfer for wedding couple on the wedding day
- Wedding coordinator to ensure the ceremony run smoothly on the wedding day (2-3 coordinator, maximum 4 hours)
- Bridal bouquet and matching flower buttonhole for groom (local flower)
- Flower confetti after ceremony
- 2 Hours professional photographers for during ceremony and after ceremony ONLY,
include of 50 edited photo and all master photo in USB. Delivered in 48 hours after the
wedding (exclude weekend). Printed photo/ album will be an extra cost.
- Copy of passport both partners or Identity ID/ KTP for Indonesian.
- Copy of Kartu Keluarga (for Indonesian)
- Copy of birth certificate for both partners
- Copy passport of two witnesses & copy Catholic Baptism certificate
- Soft copy of photograph with red background. We will print it in Bali size (4cm x 6cm)
- Newest baptism certificate
- Pre- marriage course certificate from catholic Church
- Liberth status/ Single status documents from Catholic Church
- Canon investigation letter from catholic Church
- Dispensation letter from Catholic Church
- Delegation letter from Catholic Church
Catholic Special Package
USD 3,250 net
Choice of Wedding Venue & Time
- Denpasar/ Canggu Local Catholic Church at 10:00 am
Package inclusive of:
- The above Catholic wedding package details
- 2 Nights stay at 2 bedroom villa with private pool
- Non- Alcohol welcome drinks for max 10 guests
- Hair and makeup for Bride
- Simple flower decoration for ceremony area include of ceremony table, flower table, flower aisle, flower ring pillow and a basket of flower shower
- Return transfer to the wedding venue
- Lunch Snack box for max 20 guests
- Romantic dinner for wedding couple Only
- Wedding on weekend or Public holiday
- Wedding on Ramadhan, Easter, Christmas and New Year period.
WEDDING PLANNING FEE
We don’t charge coordinating fee for a basic ceremony or elopement package, however you may hire our wedding planning services if you’re also having a wedding reception. Our full wedding planning services fee starts from as low as USD 1,000 net with additional crews inclusive. Contact us email@example.com for more details about Wedding Planning fee.
- 50% charge of total amount is applicable if cancellation is made after deposit is paid.
- 100% charge of total amount is applicable if cancellation is made within 30 days
to wedding date.