A Buddhist wedding is a simple wedding ritual. Buddhism is a spiritual path of transformation of one’s inner potential. It is a path dedicated to serving others, helping them awaken their potential. Marriage is the vehicle to practice serving others. Love is wishing others happiness.
Marriage under Buddhist ceremony is an equal commitment to the happiness between the bride and the groom, toward their awakening.
Human inner potential is developed through taking on challenges, not just through joy. We need people in order to practice compassion. Since the marriage is dedicated toward the happiness of all living beings, those gathered here are the representatives of all living beings.
The groom and the bride are happily married today not only because they can share the joy of their love for each other with friends and family, but also because they have the opportunity to express their aspirations for the future.
In Indonesia/ Bali, Buddhist wedding ceremony should be conducted in a Buddhist temple called Vihara; but for some reasons the ceremony could be held in other venue too. In modern times, these prohibitions have been significantly relaxed. It is not uncommon for the Buddhist and non-Buddhist events, or even for the wedding itself, to take place within the temple. However, a division is still commonly observed between the religious and secular portions of a wedding service. The separation may be as simple as the monks presenting the Buddhist ceremony and then followed by lunch or dinner once their role is complete.
There are a set of fundamental rituals that commonly feature in Buddhist marriage.
In front of the shrine of Lord Buddha all set up with fruits, cakes, candles and flowers, the to-be married couple, the family and the guests would collect.
The bride and the groom and others would recite the Tisarana, Pancasila and the Vandana. The wedding couple are asked to light the candles and incense sticks.
During the Buddhist wedding ritual, the couple first bow to Buddha’s statue. They then recite basic prayers or chants and light incense and candles (five different colors of candle). The couple’s parents may then be called upon to “witnesses and connect” the couple by light the candles and then tying the wedding couple hands in red ribbon and covering the couple with yellow cover.
Buddhist wedding then will start by praying session lead by Pandita (Buddhist Priest), The Pandita will lead the praying session and assist the couple of what they need to say in Sanskrit words. After untie the ribbon and cover, then is the time for the wedding couple to exchange the vows and rings. Buddhist wedding ceremony will be closed by handing present for Buddhist Temple called Amisadhana which contain flowers, candles, incenses and donation tied in yellow ribbon.
The couple may then make offerings of food, flowers, and medicine to the monks present. Cash gifts may also be presented to the temple at this time.
To get more idea of Buddhist Wedding procession in Bali, you can click our YouTube channel bellow. Please like and subscribe:
Buddhist Wedding Package
USD 750 net
- Wedding consultation via email, call or any social media
- Document processing to Religious office
- Handling of all documentation required to validate the wedding
- Wedding venue located at public Buddhist temple in Kuta
- English speaking Buddhist Priest at Buddhist Temple
- Ceremony perform in English or Bahasa Indonesia
- Religious certificate of marriage from Buddhist Temple
- Buddhist wedding ceremony offering: fruits, cakes, candies and flowers offering
- Holy water, ceremony cloth cover, candles and incenses throughout the ceremony
- Priest offering (Amisadana, exclude the envelope donation)
- Final meeting service with Wedding Butler team to answer questions and familiarize with schedule and liturgy
- Wedding coordinator to ensure the ceremony run smoothly on the wedding day (1-2 coordinator, maximum 3 hours)
- Bridal bouquet and matching flower buttonhole for groom (local flower)
- Flower confetti after ceremony
- 2 Hours professional photographers for during ceremony and after ceremony ONLY, include of 50 edited photo and all master photo in USB. Delivered in 48 hours after the wedding (exclude weekend). Printed photo/ album will be an extra cost.
- Copy of passport both partners or Identity ID/ KTP for Indonesian.
- Copy of Kartu Keluarga (for Indonesian)
- Copy of birth certificate for both partners
- Copy of divorce certificate if you have been marriage before (for foreigner) and original divorce certificate (for Indonesian)
- Copy passport of two witnesses
- Soft copy of photograph with red background. We will print it in Bali size (4cm x 6cm)
- Fill in the wedding form after confirmation with deposit.
- Single status/ Surat Keterangan Belum Pernah Menikah (Surat N1, N2, N3, N4 from Kelurahan and Kecamatan for Indonesian)
- Letter of No Impediment of marriage/ Single Status from your Government/consulate if you live in other country (mandatory for some European country)
- Letter of No Impediment of marriage from your consulate in Bali / Embassy in Jakarta-
- All documents should be translated into Indonesian language (sworn translator). Extra
charge if you would like us to help you to translate it into sworn translator in Bali.
For those who already married legally and just need Buddhist blessing ceremony, will just need copy passport of the wedding couple.
Buddhist Elopement In Bali
USD 1,500 net
Choice of Wedding Venue & Time
- 1 bedroom villa with private pool at 15:30 (Garden Wedding) or
- Sunset Venue or Beach venue at 17:00 (Beach Wedding)
Package inclusive of:
- The above Buddhist wedding package details
- Non- Alcohol welcome drinks for wedding couple
- Hair and makeup for Bride
- Simple flower decoration for ceremony area include of ceremony table, flower table, flower aisle, flower ring pillow and a basket of flower shower
- Return transfer to the wedding venue
- Mocktails wedding toast for the wedding couple
- Wedding Outside of Buddhist temple
- Wedding on weekend or Public holiday
- Wedding on Ramadhan, Easter, Christmas and New Year period.
- Consulate/ Embassy fee
- Translate document into Bahasa Indonesia (foreign documents)
WEDDING PLANNING FEE
We don’t charge coordinating fee for a basic ceremony or elopement package, however you may hire our wedding planning services if you’re also having a wedding reception. Our full wedding planning services fee starts from as low as USD 1,000 net with additional crews inclusive. Contact us email@example.com for more details about Wedding Planning fee.
- 50% charge of total amount is applicable if cancellation is made after deposit is paid.
- 100% charge of total amount is applicable if cancellation is made within 30 days
to wedding date.